Using Video Interview Software to Hire the Best People for The Organizations
Some of the benefits which is the video interviewing can provide have been mentioned as follows:
1. It helps to reduce the burden of scheduling: Undertaking a face-to-face interview involves several burdens and the major of them is the scheduling part. The video interview is convenient for all and helps to save a lot of time and makes the process stress-free. This concept has even allowed the candidates to answer the questions whenever it is convenient for them and the hiring managers can check those answers whenever it is convenient for him. In case there is no synchronization of the scheduling of both the people then also it does not matter. The hiring manager can get a great sense of what the individual is about to do using these systems. This can help to screen a great number of candidates in no time and also can add great value to the organization.
2. It can help in tracking the performance of the organization: One can very easily implement the video interview systems to track the performance of the employees of the organization. One can also look for commonalities among the candidates so that they can be chosen in proper regard to the nature of the job. It will help to analyze the interest, potential, and knowledge of the candidates who have applied for a particular job. One can very easily find successful employees and compare the video screens of various candidates using these systems. It is highly efficient in performance tracking in comparison to the traditional systems of hiring people.
3. It helps to add the element of consistency to the interviews: The hiring manager has to ask the same number and type of questions to all the candidates which makes the conversations sometimes go off the track. Hence, each of the candidates must get different interview experience. So, by implementing the video interview software one can add the element of consistency in the whole process. One can set the predetermined questions for each candidate and then the responses can be compared which will help in making the decisions. Whenever one has a record of responses one can make the best decisions for hiring. This concept is highly useful in the final stages of the process.
4. The interview experience can be highly convenient for the passive candidates: Usually, organizations have to face a lot of passive candidates. People only go for the organization in case the benefits, salary, and perks are right. It is highly inconvenient to come for a formal interview and then never pursue that particular opportunity. One-way interviewing helps to overcome all these challenges. Undertaking such interviews will not consume the full day of the candidates and it will take hardly 10 to 15 minutes to record a video that too under the comfort of their home. Hence, it is a highly convenient method for passive candidates.
5. One can make better decisions using these systems: Usually, the organizations have to undertake various costs in the form of meals and hotel rooms of the candidates who have applied for a particular job. Companies that implement the technology of video interviewing can help to eliminate all these costs. They can invite anybody from anywhere to take part in the video interviews and there is no need to pay for flight charges and hotel charges of the candidates. This will also help to have a better in-depth and personalized communication so that the wisest decisions can be made.
6. It can also help to check candidates command over the technology: Every position in every organization requires the usage of technology in one or the other way. Undertaking video interviews can help to add a level of familiarity with the understanding of the technology. In case there is no audio or the video is blurry then one can ask various questions to the candidate which will help to give an idea about the technological capabilities of him or her. One can very easily check the technological base with the help of video interviews.
7. It can help to reduce the amount of small talk: Under face-to-face interviews, there is small talk many times. Some amount of time is dedicated to the small talk at the beginning of the end of the interview just to make the candidate more familiar. All such things are not included in the video interview and one can eliminate the time of chitchat very easily. Because of this the hiring managers can save a lot of time the same and use it in other important activities so that better and faster hiring decisions can be made. This will help to increase the efficiency of the whole process.
8. One can very easily observe the body language of the candidates: Body language and expressions play a greater role at the time of hiring decisions. All such things can be checked with the help of video interviews. A lot of companies go with the option of phone interviews but most of them want to have a real-life look at the candidate before hiring him. The visual screening will help in getting a better idea about the candidate. It will also help to check how well one can dress and behave under various circumstances.
The video interview software can help to provide several perks to both candidates as well as the interviewers. It is a very convenient and useful platform to make the best hiring decisions for every organization. It is assessable to companies of all sizes and from all nature of work.